Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Milestones


On Saturday, Dan and I went jogging at the local school track. I'm still following the Couch to 5K program, and during my longest jogging interval, I was able to practically complete a full lap around the track. If the interval was a tad longer, I likely would have finished the entire lap. Instead, I was about 10 feet shy... BUT STILL! I'm very proud of myself. And I don't do that just once. It's intervals that alternate between fast walking and jogging. I never give up, and I've really seen my endurance grow since I started this program. I won't be able to finish the program by the race, but I'm definitely going to stick to this running plan even after the 5K next Thursday. I can't wait until I can jog a full mile! I'll get there one day.

Later that day, I decided to break out the Wii Fit for 25 minutes rather than watch tv. Apparently, I lost 34 pounds since I had Wii Fit last (more than a year ago). I was too disappointed that my Mii still looked just as fat to notice that it classified me as "overweight." I had been so used to hearing the chipper voice announce, "That's obese." Dan had to point it out to me and I stood there in disbelief for a few moments. So, according to my Wii Fit, I'm overweight. I think this is the first time I've been proud to be overweight. LOL! I think I have another 30+ pounds until it tells me I'm normal. But hey! I'm fighting the good fight. I'll get there eventually.

I spent most of Sunday at the Premium Outlets in Wrentham, MA. I could have bought most of the inventory at my favorite store, White House Black Market. I walked out of there with lots of black and/or polka dotted pieces. LOVE IT! I also bought a few things from Ann Taylor. I'm still too flabby for light-colored pants. I just can't pull them off. I've noticed that because my chest is persistent and NOT shrinking, I still have to get larger tops than bottoms, especially if they're button ups. I was able to squeeze myself into a size smaller for a few pieces. The great part of that is that I know I will have them longer since it will take me longer to outgrow them. It may sound strange, but I found myself thinking harder about the clothes than usual. I'm finally hitting the point where I can wear what I like, not just what  fits. I'm now starting to find my sense of style. So far I know that I like to modernize things like 40s looks... kind of. I like a very classic look. I'm a "black cocktail dress with bold accessories" kind of person most of the time.  I love black and white with a pop of color. I'm slowly finding it. Now, the trouble is that I can't justify buying clothes if I know I will only wear them for a season due to my constant weight loss. Seriously, it's always something...  

On Sunday night, I was talking to Dan about how I can't wait until he can carry me "over the threshold" style. We joked about it for a bit, and he thought that with all the weight I've lost that he may be able to carry me now. So, we both hesitated to try, and despite my request for a helmet and elbow pads, we tried. Success! It wouldn't take much for him to drop me, but the point is, he did it. I'd call it an accomplishment for both of us :) 

I guess you can say that it has been a week of milestones for me :) Let's keep them coming!

Weigh-in:    - 3 lbs
(the three pounds I gained last week)

Total weight lost:   66 lbs

2 comments: