Friday, September 17, 2010

To have and to hold...

The past few weeks, our pastor has been requesting that Dan and I send her our vows. She has assured us that we aren't sending them to her for approval. Instead, she want to: 1) make sure we complete them in time; and 2) incorporate some of the concepts into her sermon. Luckily for me, I drafted my vows while I was interning in NJ and away from Dan for months. I feel bad for Dan. I feel like it's not easy to write them on the spot... you have to be feeling it. Needless to say, we're waiting on him. 

I'm worried about the length of mine. Anyone who knows me knows that I enjoy public speaking. Dan, on the other hand, does not. I haven't counted the words or timed it, but I'm worried it's too much. The tough part is cutting them down. I like it all! Lol. 

I wish I could post them on here, but just like my concerns with my dress, I can't because Dan reads this. I can give you an idea of the structure. I start of discussing how our relationship has grown in our 7.5 years together. Then, I go into what I love about him. Finally, I end with my many promises to him (alternating between serious ones and funny ones).

I can't wait until I get to hear his. He's not always the most eloquent, but I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment