Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I've come a long way


I jogged around my neighborhood today. I had the idea to wake up early and go jogging with Dan, but when the alarm went off this morning, he quickly reset the alarm. I went without him anyway. I could have gone to the gym, but I would have been really strapped for time because I was dragging this morning. Plus, I really just wanted to run outside. I started a new level of the Couch to 5K program where I had to run for 8 minutes, walk for 5, then run again for 8. I had been putting it off because I thought there was no way I could do it. As it turns out, I could! I didn't die! I'm stressing about my next workout because it calls for me to jog for 20 minutes straight. Going from 5 minutes to 8 minutes was a big step... I doubt I can complete the 20 minutes. I don't want to fail :( I've been doing so well. I'll let you know how it goes.


I stepped on the scale again this morning (unofficial weigh-in). At this point, I've lost 70 lbs. over all. That's a lot!  Unfortunately, I still have a lot more to go, but I'll get there eventually.

We're 24 days out from the wedding. We're flying my mother to NH for my final dress fitting. For a little while, I was stressing that I would have to go alone. I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous that the dress won't fit right. When I was there last, the seamstress told me that I had to lose a few more pounds in order for the dress to fit perfectly. Although it zipped up fine, the back was being puckering in the back. I want that thing to fit like a glove! lol. I'm determined. AND I'm determined to do it the right way. No crash diets or hunger strikes, like some brides have done. I'm going to eat right and exercise because, although my weigh loss started because of this dress, I'm going to continue to get into shape well after the wedding. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment