Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dress me up in your love...

On Sunday, I went with my 4 of the 6 of my bridesmaids (my two sisters went at the same time in TN) to go bridesmaid dress shopping. After 2.75 hours, we left David's Bridal with dresses on order! I'm not going to lie, it was not easy to fit such an array of sizes. There was no way each girl could wear the same dress and still look good. Fortunately, my youngest sister picked a simple black dress with a belt, and I loved it. I had other girls put it on. Then, the "bigger" girls put on the halter version and everything seemed to fall into place.  Suddenly, we hit a problem. My middle sister couldn't wear either dress due to her... bust. LOL. Sooo, my MOH agreed to wear the "pocket" dress that I loved on her and that my sister loved. They'll be the only ones without the ivory belts.   We even got lucky because all of the dresses were on sale for $99 (plus the $20 belts). The NJ girls' dresses should be in before I leave for NH in mid April. I'm excited!  Unfortunately, my mom wasn't as excited about my decision, and she kind of put a damper on things. She told me she thought I picked too many dresses and  cared too much about everyone's opinion. Regardless, I'm very happy with my decision-- it's exactly what I was going for. The day was drama-free, and we even had a great lunch full of laughs.   

NOTE: That is NOT my dress! I didn't get it at David's-- plus I don't want Dan to see it. The top is cut the same, but my dress is ivory with a slight pickup bottom and heavy beading on the top.

Today is Tuesday aka Weigh-in Day! I'm down another 3 pounds. I feel like my weight loss is slow, but I think I should be grateful that I'm losing.  If I keep losing 2 to 3 pounds a week, I can definitely meet my short term goal before the wedding. For my height and small frame, I'm supposed to get down to about 120 pounds. That leaves me with a lot to lose still. LOL! I wonder if I'll ever get there. I've been overweight my entire life. But now, I know that I have made minor lifestyle changes-- I've become more aware of my eating habits. I think I've made a permanent change, so maybe, just maybe, I'll get there one day... or at least get close. 

After last week, I lost a WW point from my daily point allowance, and I'm surprised by how much that point seemed to matter. All in all, I've done well with staying in my daily allowance and only using the extra points on social occasions. I can't say it enough, I truly don't feel like I'm depriving myself of anything. I was able to go to Friendly's and even get ice cream after my meal! I just make minor changes-- instead of peanut butter cup ice cream with caramel and oreos, I have fat-free yogurt with sugar free fudge sauce and walnuts. I eat a wrap with grilled chicken with a salad rather than fries instead of eating the cheeseburger club. Simple changes, but I don't feel deprived.

The weather is beautiful lately! I can't wait to get outside and get moving. Even better, I can't wait to see Dan this weekend. Then, we can enjoy the Spring weather together. I only get to see him for about a day and a half so we're still deciding how to spend our time. We may go to New Hope, PA (our favorite), or the Camden Aquarium, or NYC. Who knows! I just can't wait to see him :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment