Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sweet wedding deals

Lynn and I had a busy day of wedding shopping today. We started our day at AC Moore where I purchased six cube vases for centerpieces for more than 1/2 off. Then, we went to the Collingwood Flea Market where I got a one-of-a-kind red basket for FREE after Lynn told the woman it was for my budget-conscious wedding. Awesome! On our way home, we stopped at a few estate sales where I picked up red glass bowls/vases for the candy buffet for only a fraction of the price. All in all, a great day of bargain shopping!

Lesson of the day: Tell individual sellers (not stores) that it is your wedding. People are very generous and love to help you out and give you lots of well wishes. 


 
My FREE flower girl basket! What a find! I can't wait to deck it out with black satin ribbon and rhinestones. Like the bow I tied on there? It's to give me the idea... 



These are the many candy bowls I got for the candy buffet. They are going to hold things like gum, caramels, chocolates, and even cookies!



Finally, we now have 6 cube vases for the centerpieces (the other 5 are provided by the florist). These cubes will have cranberries with candles like the example below.







1 comment: