Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'll take your fat pants

I really want to start a website called "I'll take your fat pants!" LOL! I'm serious. The idea is to create a website, like freecycle, where people can post their clothes for donation. The idea comes from the fact that when I lose weight, I find myself donating tons of nice clothing that no longer fit. Sometimes, I am really attached to certain pieces of my wardrobe, and I'm sad to see it go. Dan complains when I just give away some pricey pieces, like a velvet blazer I wore each Christmas or a winter pea-coat. Then, as my body shrinks, I have to buy new clothes to fit it. The worst part is that I know I'm just going wear those clothes for a few months before those are too big too! I find myself wasting money on bras, jeans, work clothes, etc. while I lose weight. To avoid wasting money I wear clothes that are too big (and it looks like I have a load in my pants). LOL. POINT IS-- I want to start a website where people losing weight (dieters or maternity weight) can donate their "fat clothes." Someone's success is another person's success, meaning- someone celebrating moving from a size 16 to a 14 gives their pants to someone who is celebrating finally fitting into a 16. Make sense? I know I sure could use some jeans, work pants, a bathing suit, sweat pants, etc. I've had the same sweats from before I lost weight... that's right, I'm wearing pants that are meant for someone about 4 sizes larger. Imagine how flatter they look... 

While I'm on the topic of clothes being too big, I'm going to rant about underwear shopping. I don't know if anyone can relate to me or not, but I HATE buying underwear. It's such a guessing game! I've wasted so much money buying underwear that don't fit! I understand why you can't try them on before making a purchase, but it makes finding the right size such a guessing game. I have a dresser drawer FULL of panties that are either too big or too small. Apparently, I can't find the right size... My current panties used to fit me when I was about 20+ pounds heavier, but now they're just unwearable! Now, I'm dreading shopping for new ones because I can never get it right. BUT, since I always get the sizing wrong, I figure the pairs I bought months ago that were too small might actually fit now. We'll see. I won't be home for another month or so. But how many do I buy knowing that I will soon be too thin for those? It's a vicious cycle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment