Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I can hear the clock ticking



Seriously?! I must be hitting "that age." I swear with each new announcement that I can hear my biological clock ticking. Someone hit the snooze button! lmao! I'm sure that scares the socks off of Dan! To be honest, it scares me. Due to my future career as an attorney, I plan on waiting to have children for a few years. We've talked about it, and I'd like to wait until I'm about 28 before we start "trying." Still, with my maternal instinct, I can't help but to be excited for and jealous of the ladies announcing their pregnancy. There must have been at least 5 new baby announcements amongst my Facebook friends THIS WEEK. There must be something in the water... lol. Congratulations again to all the ladies! Since I can't be in their shoes for a few more years, I just hope I can get some playtime in with the new babies :)


On to diet news! Today was weigh-in... and I LOST 3 POUNDS! YAY! That makes up for my one pound gain last week. The weight loss came at a perfect time. Tonight, Lynn and I are going to the bridal salon to pick up my custom ordered veil. While we're there, I'm going to try on my wedding gown to see what kind of progress I have made getting into this thing. I'm really nervous. I'm afraid that, while I have made noticeable progress, the dress still won't fit. Keep your fingers crossed for me and I'll be sure to update regarding the fit.


We're now less than 6 months away from the wedding. It's crunch time. I bought a headpiece (comb) at A Beautiful Touch bridal salon in Haddon Township using the jewelry gift certificate I won from their Facebook page. For a moment, I was afraid I was going to be leaving empty handed. If I heard another person "remind" me that "I'm the bride therefore I should want big flashy things," I might have killed someone. LOL! I had to put my foot down and keep repeating that I don't want many things the "typical" bride would. :sigh: Then, I spent many hours and visited numerous department stores in search of a flower girl dress for Kaelynn. Surprisingly, although many stores like JC Penny and Sears list communion dresses and flower dresses online, they do not carry them in the store. Instead, we found the best selection at Burlington Coat Factory, but didn't love any particular dress. Fortunately, we were able to find a great black and white polka dotted dress at Kohls that fit the bill (after a few minor alterations). So, I picked up a sash and flower to complete the look and I can't wait to see how the finished product turns out. I'll post pictures of the finished product as soon as the flower girl's mother sends them.

No comments:

Post a Comment