Next week, I will be leaving NJ to return "home" to NH. For going on 14 weeks, I have been completing a full-time externship at the Essex County Prosecutor's Office in Newark, NJ for law school credits. I have been fortunate enough to stay with Lynn all these weeks in Sea Bright, NJ (right on the Jersey Shore). Now that I'll be heading back to NH to finish my last year of law school, I can't help but think about all the things about NJ I'm going to miss, so I made a list (in no particular order:
- Greek diners (real diners-- open 24 hrs & serving breakfast all day)
- 24 hour ANYTHING
- gourmet grocery stores (like Wegman's or Whole Foods)
- Dunkin Donuts in Sea Bright (always speedy, friendly, and with correct orders)
- Wawa (and even Quick-Chek)
- full service gas stations
- Authentic ethnic food
- close proximity to everything-- mountains, beach, city, amusement parks, farm country, shopping, etc.
- sleepovers (and frequent visits) with friends and family
- permanent farmer's markets
Don't be misled; there are plenty of things about NJ that I will not miss, but I'm sure those are more obvious.