Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cinco!

It’s weigh-in day! I couldn’t be happier because the scale stayed consistent, and I expected the number I saw this morning… I lost five pounds! :does a little dance: I haven’t seen such a big number in awhile. Now, after 24 weeks, I’m still losing. I must be doing something right. However, this weigh-in is bitter sweet because, alas, I've lost another WW point.

This morning, I woke up and hit the gym. I still haven’t perfected my new morning schedule so I can go to the gym and make it to work on time. I’m working on it. I’m just glad I managed to go to the gym. I’m trying to get Dan and I to go to bed earlier. We stay up too late for how early we have to get up. I want like eight hours of sleep a night. That would be so awesome. Alas, I doubt it will ever happen for me on a weeknight. Anyway, I started my next week of interval training at the gym today. It involved me running for double the time I was running before. Going into it, I thought I would never make it. In the end, I slowed my pace a little and managed to successfully finish the long intervals.

I’m excited for this weekend. Friday, one of my good friends from law school will be visiting. We’re going to do dinner (likely hibachi), and on Saturday, we’re going to my first dress fitting with the seamstress. Yay! I’ll try to take pictures.

Here’s a list of some of the wedding things we’ve accomplished:
  • Purchased most wedding party gifts, most parents’ gifts, ceremony program basket, all reception candles, materials for DIY toss bouquet,
  • Decorated the cake topper 

  • Finalized wine cocktails
    • The Leaf Peeper (red wine sangria)
    • The 609er (peach)
    • The Shoebe (cherry-pineapple)
  • Picked out linens
We're renting these damask table squares and runners to go over the white linens.

  • Made an appointment for my first dress fitting
  • Filled out our marriage license application
  • Decided on transportation
Dan's father is driving us in "his" 1949 Plymouth Special Deluxe
  • Sent the first of the wedding invites (to parents) to make sure they survive mailing

No comments:

Post a Comment