Friday, July 2, 2010

Flattery

Just a brief note--

Yesterday, on two separate occasions, I saw two of my fellow law students. I probably haven't seen them since December when I last attended class. They both complimented me on my weight loss. While I am flattered that they noticed, my low self-esteem causes me to question their intentions. I know it's such a miserable thought, but I can't help but wonder if they are only trying to make me feel good because they know I'm losing weight. In other words, I think because I don't really see a difference, that they're just complimenting me to boost my confidence. I don't know if I'm making sense... I think I need to take some new pictures of myself. I haven't taken pictures in awhile. I hate my camera. Maybe if I take some new photos, I'll see a difference and feel a little better. I see myself everyday so it makes it harder for me to see a difference, but 60+ pounds is a lot of weight. You'd think I'd see a noticeable difference. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment