Wednesday, February 24, 2010

If your listening...

Well, another week has passed. I have noticed that I'm falling of the wagon a little bit-- not in a sense that I'm eating terribly, but such that I haven't been calculating my points. I guess you could say I got lazy. I've noticed that just as I expected from the start, making things from scratch or eating out can be discouraging when calculating points. Unless I have the nutritional information for the food or I am able to Google the information for the generic dish, it's freaking impossible. Sure, I could try to guess points based on the ingredients, but I feel it would be more work than it is worth. So, I went back and calculated my points for this past weekend, where I thought I had gone terrible off course. As it turns out, I didn't do TOO bad.

I've noticed that some family/friends are more supportive than others. My grandmother, for example, was practically force feeding me pizza and cheesesteaks. I convinced her to order me a side salad so I could fill up on that and only have a slice of pizza. She harassed me about only having a slice, so I took a 3 inch piece of cheesesteak. Then, she told me how I needed to finish the remaining 3 inches of "my half." I put my foot down, but I still walked out of there eating 2 slices of pizza, a side salad, and a 3 inch cheesesteak. I guess it could have been worse. In contrast, I have my friend Dani. She's so understanding of my new eating habits, and I'm so thankful. She's the one who had her fiance make low fat alfredo so I could still eat it. Well, this week, he made a roast chicken, baked potato, stuffing, and green beans rather than a big bowl of pasta. It's sweet that they care enough to make dinners that won't make me sacrifice my weight loss. As silly as it sounds, it really means a lot. Here's how the week went:

Tuesday: 24/27
Wednesday: 26/27
Thursday: Not nearly enough... like 12/27 (I had a strange day and I was starving, but I didn't have the chance to eat like I wanted to)
Friday: 25/27 (including dinner out with Kate at a great place called http://www.musclemakergrill.com/. If there's one near you, it's a MUST. I had the turkey taco salad, and I can't wait to go back and try something else.)
Saturday: 33.5/27 (including lunch at the diner with Mel, dinner with my grandma and 2 girl scout cookies-- aka the kiss of death)
Sunday:21.5/27 (including dinner in with Dani and Wayne)
Monday: 27.5/27 (slightly over due to lunch out with Elise. Who would have thought that a tortilla for a wrap could contain 6 POINTS!?)

And for the results... I'm down 2 lbs.! The bad part is that I'm still up 1 lb. due to my weight gained the week before. That's okay! The scale is moving in the right direction. I have to work on getting in more exercise. I've been bad... as in terrible... as in close to nothing. I haven't been sleeping much and my body seems to want to go into hibernation mode. Hopefully, I'll catch up on sleep this week and be back on track next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment