Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Weigh in

Super Bowl Sunday 

I knew this day's food intake could get ugly so I tried to eat small leading up to dinner. I even took a brief stroll along the sea wall (through 2 ft. snow drifts). Well, I've learned that I don't do well with the snack-style dinner. I definitely over eat. The worst I did was 3 boneless buffalo wings (that weren't even that good), but I also ate tomato bruschetta, hummus, chili, tortilla chips and sour cream salsa dip.  Best part: a 2" brownie!!! I knew the brownie would cost me 5 points so I savored it. God, it was worth it. I freaking love brownies. It was so difficult to only eat one. I wanted more sweet things so I ended up drinking 2 cans of diet, caffeine-free Pepsi (my first soda in awhile). The worst part was that I didn't measure things so I have an even harder time estimating points. I know on "dinner and dessert" I consumed at least 14 points... 

Sunday's Points Total: 31.5/27 (estimated)

Monday with Kate
I ate well all day, even had my 2 snacks (before lunch and late afternoon while I wait for my train), but for some reason I was still famished when I got home around 6 pm. I changed out of my work clothes, which were tainted with the remnants from a greek yogurt gone wild, and had a Vitamuffin as a snack while I waited for Kate. I thought it was weird to eat a Vitamuffin as a snack since it was something I usually have for breakfast, but it is only 1 point and very filling. I know how I tend to eat poorly when I'm out with Kate, so I didn't want to risk leaving hungry. We shopped at Target for hours. I got 2 cute cardigans for work, a hot pink makeup bag, and a silver sequin tank top. Best part: For the first time EVER, I bought the tank top in a LARGE! That's night, no "X"s! I was so thrilled! Unfortunately, I also bought one of the cardigans in a 2XL. What the hell? Seriously. Either way, I'm still thrilled about the large!

We went to Applebee's for a late dinner, and we were both starving at that point. Kate picked Applebee's because they have WW menu items to choose from. I had a house salad (lettuce, grape tomatoes, and 4 croutons) with WW dressing to start and the WW garlic chicken for my entree. It was good. There were 5 small hunks of boiled red potato, a mound of broccoli drenched in a garlic and fake butter sauce, and a perfectly grilled chicken breast brushed with the garlic sauce. All in all, I ate only 10.5 points!
Monday's Points Total:  25.5/27

I haven't been feeling too confident in my weight loss this week. I went over on my points almost every day. I felt horrible about it. I was hesitant to step on the scale this morning, especially after going to dinner late last night. Drum roll please.... I lost 2 pounds. I was a tad disappointed that it wasn't more, but I can't say I'm surprised. When I think realistically, I should be really happy with that considering I went over my points almost every day and I did not have the opportunity to exercise much at all. If I try to stay on target this week and hit the gym at least once when I visit Dan, I should be even better off! Plus, my friend at work lent me her box set of 5 Jillian Michaels' workout DVDs. I'm excited to try them out, but I'm also nervous. This is going to sound stupid, but I feel as though I'm too out of shape for her routines. I know, I know-- It will get me in shape, but I feel like she makes me push myself too hard. But what do I know? I'm just the fat kid. I could be making excuses for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment